Many hands have gone into the design and construction of St. John’s, some known to us and some not. Working at different times and building on the accomplishments of those who have gone before, these architects and craftsmen helped to shape the church that is the physical representation of our present-day ministry in York. We are in their debt for the beauty of St. John’s.
The 1883 footprint of the “new church building” was created by renowned local architect, John A. Dempwolf, and his plans for St. John’s are in the library collection at the York County Heritage Trust. St. John parishioner and architect, Richard E. Martin, revised that drawing for us to show subsequent expansions, and also drew the earlier footprints to illustrate the first 100 years of the church’s growth. We have added elevation illustrations to represent the corresponding changes in exterior appearance.